Being a responsible citizen, it is not only your right to ask for justice but also your duty to punish people who are involved in legal malpractices.
Here are some tips that will help you to effectively sue your lawyer:
• Make sure you have kept immaculate records of your case, contract with him, all your meetings with him, phone calls, etc.
• It is essential to give strong evidence to prove beyond doubt the amount spent as legal fees and other related expenses.
• When you decide to sue your lawyer, bear in mind that you should have all the documents that are needed to establish clearly that the lawyer did not act properly. That is, dereliction of duty must be established well.
• Breach of duty and negligence should be proven.
• A proof that shows that the lawyer's lack of interest and misrepresentation caused you heavy financial loss should be kept ready.
• Also, ensure that you have the required documentation to show how the case proceeded and where the lawyer slipped.
• Also, maintain a record of unreturned calls, cancelled meetings, and non-appearance at hearings.
• Also, try to prove that your case held no commitment or interest for the lawyer.
• If your lawyer did not personally take care of the case and had handed it over to an assistant or junior, prove the same in court to sue him.
• As suing a lawyer is quite expensive, it is always better to take a second opinion from a lawyer who is unknown to your lawyer and unrelated to the case that you are fighting.
All the pros and cons should be weighed before you take a final decision.